Frank R. Thompson
Experienced cashier ready to grow into management positions. Highly personable, charming, strong work ethics and always put customers first.
Head Cashier, Costco
Savannah, Georgia • April 2016 — May 2019
- Ensured each customer receives outstanding service by greeting and acknowledging everyone, inquiring if any assistance is needed, listening to the needs of customers, maintaining solid product knowledge, and thanking them for shopping.
- Maintained friendly and respectful decorum at all times toward customers, co-workers, vendors and all others.
- Arrived to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed, and ready to work; worked all scheduled shifts and attend required trainings and meetings.
- Periodically walked store to ensure awareness of promotional and sales items as well as weekly advertisements, and new produce items.
- Ensured accurate and efficient operation of the register; including cash management of the drawer throughout their shift, correct distribution of change and ensuring debit and credit are processed properly.
Cashier, Dairy Green's Supermarket & Flowers
Savannah, Georgia • January 2015 — April 2016
- Responsible for providing our customers with a warm and friendly environment and the highest level of customer service.
- Greeted all customers, operate the cash register, and accurately record all sales.
- Assisted in merchandising, such as stocking, pricing, keeping the store neat, clean, and organized and may be required to cook and prepare food in a safe and proper manner.
- Maintained orderly appearance of check out area
- Communicated customer concerns and request to management.
- Properly verified age of any customer buying age restricted products.
- Processed all customer sales transactions, tendering cash, credit, and open account information according to policy.
- Verified cash balances at the beginning and end of each shift.
Atlanta, Georgia • August 2013 — December 2014
- Provided exceptional customer service including actively greeting customers.
- Helped sales desk with product returns and returning merchandise to stock as necessary or requested.
- Maintained clean and orderly checkout areas.
- Supported and promoted special sale items and other promotional campaigns.
- Validated customer purchase by checking product against receipt to ensure accuracy as customers exit the store.
- Retrieved and stocked carts.
Stocking & Supplying
Georgia State University
2012 — 2016